Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Home, Sweet Home...?

I have four finals and six days to go until I go home for Christmas break. And don't get me wrong, I'm psyched. I've been counting down to break basically since the semester started, and I can't wait to get out of here. But the more I think about going home, the more I think about how weird it's going to be. Sure, it will be really nice to spend time with my family and to relax. But I have very few good friends left who still live in Darien. It will be like going back to my old life, except not. I don't live with my family primarily anymore. I will from now on spend more months out of the year here in Germany (or wherever I end up after this year). I'm in college, and I'm supposed to be somewhat of an adult. And when I think about it, I've come to associate my little apartment with the idea of "home." Maybe I'm crazy.

Anyway, finals are doing all they can to kill me. I have four (of six) finals in two days. And I should be super stressed, and I sure I am somewhere in the back of my mind, but I really don't feel it. I really don't care. I'm just so focused on going home that it's not even bothering me. The fact that I'm thinking of transferring next year anyway doesn't help either. But I just can't get motivated.

I feel like this was a waste of a post. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment